If you choose to stay in or around Snowdonia and North Wales, the following list of hotels includes both quality independent luxury and budget.
The hotels listed below are not checked or evaluated by us, we cannot offer any opinion or recommendation. We advise you check Trip Advisor or similar review sites before making your booking.
Local Hotels to Cadair Idris
- Tyn Y Cornel Hotel
Ty’n Y Cornel is a small hotel on the corner of Tal-y-Lyn lake, with dramatic views of Cader Idris, which is Wales’ second highest mountain. A perfect stay, whether you’re looking to visit the region and simply need somewhere comfortable and friendly to lay your head, or you’re needing a relaxing break and wish to spend a long weekend in the beautiful Welsh countryside.
Address: Tal Y Llyn, Tywyn, Gwynedd, LL36 9AJ
- Gwernan Hotel
Gwesty’r Gwernan Hotel is a small 6 bedroom country hotel with its own 12 acre lake 2 miles out of Dolgellau at the foot of Fox’s Path on Cadair Idris in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park.
Address: Islawrdref, Dolgellau, Gwynedd, LL40 1TL
- Royal Ship Hotel
A 19th century Grade II listed coaching inn situated in the heart of the old market town of Dolgellau – a great base to explore the beautiful Welsh countyside of Snowdonia National Park. Mawddach Trail is nearby.
Address: QUEENS SQUARE Dolgellau, Gwynedd LL40 1AR
- Penmaenuchaf Hall Hotel
Penmaenuchaf Hall Hotel is situated in the outstanding natural beauty of the Snowdonia National Park. One of the best hotels near Dolgellau, Gwynedd, North Wales.
Address: Penmaenpool, Dolgellau, Gwynedd, North Wales LL40 1YB
- George 111 Hotel
The George III Hotel, which is set on the banks of the magnificent Mawddach Estuary on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park, provides guests with the perfect viewpoint from which to enjoy drinks, lunch, dinner or an overnight stay.
Address: Penmaenpool, Dolgellau, Gwynedd LL40 1YD
- Minffordd Hotel
The Minffordd Hotel is much more than a snowdonia hotel, but rather a charming retreat with a good restaurant & cosy bar serving a good range of wines and traditional local ales and beers. Let good company, a warm and friendly atmosphere create a special holiday break for you.
Address: Talyllyn, Tywyn, Gwynedd, Wales LL36 9AJ
Other Snowdonia Hotels
- Aberdunant Hall Hotel – Prenteg, Porthmadog
- Bodysgallen Hall & Spa (AA 4*) ( Historic House Hotels Ltd) – Llandudno
- Brynllydan Hotel (Visit Wales 3*) – Llanfrothen Penrhyndeudraeth
- Chateau Rhianfa (22 bedroomed) – Beaumaris, Anglesey
- Dolserau Hall Country House Hotel (AA rosette) – Dolgellau
- Esplanade Hotel – Llandudno
- Ffynnon Luxury Boutique Hotel (Visit Wales 5*) – Dolgellau
- George III Hotel – Penmaenpool, Dolgellau
- Glan Aber Hotel – Betws-y-Coed
- Golden Pheasant (AA3*) – Llwynmawr, Llangollen
- Hotel Maes y Neuadd – Talsarnau
- Imperial Hotel (Visit Wales 4*) – Llandudno
- Kensington Hotel – Llandudno
- Lake View Hotel and Restaurant (Visit Wales 2*) – Tan y Pant, Llanberis
- Lake Vyrnwy Country House Hotel & Spa (Visit Wales 4*) – Llanwddyn
- Llwyndu Farmhouse Hotel & Restaurant (Visit Wales 4*) – Llanaber, Nr Barmouth
- Minffordd Hotel & Restaurant – Tywyn
- Pen Y Bont Hotel – Tal-y-llyn, Tywyn, Gwynedd
- Pen-Y-Gwryd Hotel– Nant Gwynant, Gwynedd
- Princes Arms Hotel and Kings Brasserie – (Visit Wales 3*) – Trefriw, Betws-y-Coed
- Oakeley Arms Hotel (Visit Wales 3*) – Maentwrog, Blaenau Ffestiniog
- Quay Hotel and Spa (AA 4*) – Deganwy, Nr Conwy
- Royal Hotel – Llandudno
- Royal Oak Hotel (AA 3*) – Betws y Coed
- Royal Sportsman Hotel – (3 Star AA hotel with 2 AA Rosette restaurant ) – Porthmadog
- Ruthin Castle Spa Hotel (AA 3*) – Ruthin
- George’s Hotel (Visit Wales 4*) – Llandudno
- The Manor Hotel – Llandudno
- The Riverside Hotel (Visit Wales 4*) – Betws y Coed
- Tre-Ysgawen Hall Country House Hotel and Spa (Visit Wales 4*) – Llangefni
- Tygorsaf Hotel – Blaenau-Ffestiniog
- Ty’n y Cornel – Tal-y-llyn, Tywyn, Gwynedd